Saturday, March 2, 2013

Holy Freaking Cow!

Hello, family!

I still can't believe that I'm actually here!

The first few days here at the MTC have been amazing! The people here are super friendly and are just as excited as I am, which is a lot. I am having such an amazing time.

My companion is named Elder Farnsworth, and he is a pretty cool dude. He's from Mesa Arizona, so he is of the opinion that it is very cold here; it's in the mid 40s. He walks around between buildings with his winter coat on, and the only extra thing that I wear is a scarf, and he's like "how do you do it?" and I'm like "I'm from Wisconsin, this is like early Spring for us."

Whitney was right; the milk here is abominable :p Luckily, the chocolate milk isn't, so I'm not entirely in milk withdrawal. The food is... questionable at times. My first dinner here included a patty of mixed meats that I was unable to identify and that had been deep fried. But they had a decent stir fry today, so it kind of balances out.

My district always eats together and we have some of the strangest conversations. And get this; we're all going to Pocatello! My whole district is heading to Pocey and we all leave on March 12. What are the odds of that?

I'm still getting plenty of exercise. I just got back from the gym were I was playing an intense game of volleyball with a bunch of Polynesian elders who were having the time of their lives and were all built like rugby players.

Amazingly enough, I am now the one who gets everyone else up in the morning. Seriously, my alarm clock goes off (we're using mine since the other three elders forgot theirs), and I'm the first one out of bed and the one who drags the other elders out of bed by their heels. Talk about role reversal hahaha.

Well, I'm pretty smelly from volleyball, so I better hit the showers. I love you all so much and miss you like crazy, but I am so happy here and am so eager to get out into the mission field and bring people the gospel. The first round of pictures will arrive soon.

Be excellent to each other,

Elder Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment