Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pass the gummy worms, please.

Dear Family,

Oh man, I can't believe I'm already less than a week from flying to Pocatello! The MTC is great, and the people here are so amazing, but I can't wait to get out into the field and start teaching people! I am really bummed that I'm missing Canoecopia, but I guess if I had to miss it, this would be the reason.


We had an amazing session in the Temple this morning. We went in and did endowments, and it felt so good to know that I'm helping people receive the ordinances they need for the next life. Normally we're a very upbeat, chatty group, but after our session, we walked back to the MTC in almost complete silence, only talking about the impressions we received.

I have been having some amazing experiences this week. We've been teaching a mock investigator, played by one of our teachers, and we were able to get him to commit to baptism! I was so happy! And we've been teaching him more about the atonement and the restoration and so much more! I can feel the spirit working and helping me to be a better teacher. We also had a discussion with a little old "inactive" black gentleman with huge glasses and an even bigger smile. He was one of the sweetest old men I've ever met, and as we talked he smiled the whole time and shared a beautiful testimony with us. Everyone came out smiling at the end.



On a less happy note, one of my roommates had to go home this week; Elder XXXXX. It turns out he had some problems that hadn't been taken care of before he left and he had to go home and take care of them. We were all devastated, especially him. He was so happy at the MTC and didn't want to leave. But with luck, he'll be able to take care of everything at home and will be back at the MTC soon, and then off to Pocatello with the rest of us! So, now my companionship is a three-elder one. My new companion is Elder XXXXXXX, and he's our district leader. He is amazingly supportive of everyone in our district, and is always willing to help give someone a blessing if they need it.


Well, I have laundry to take care of, so I need to go now. Keep the letters and emails coming; they always make my day.

Until next week, I love you all so much and can't wait to get out there and serve the Lord.

Hugs all around,

Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment