Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week Two

Dear Family,

Wow... life here is amazing. I can't believe how fast time here is flying. I am so happy here.

We have two baptisms coming up. One of them is Mandy; she's about my age, living with her family, and has some trouble talking to people, but she's excited about getting baptized. She was being taught by my companion and his former companion before I arrived, and was a little nervous around me because I was new, but she quickly became receptive to when I was teaching.

Our other investigator who's getting baptized is Chris. He's another investigator who my companion was teaching before I got here. He's a really cool guy and is so excited about his baptism. He's married with several small children, and his wife and kids are all members, so they're all super excited. I am so happy to be teaching all these people. When they commit to baptism, I can feel the spirit working in their hearts, and through me and Elder Arrowchis.

Arrowchis is a great guy; he's from Aliesa Viejo, CA, but he's strangely unphased by the cold here. He's been a great teacher; he's helped me learn how to be a better teacher, and how to be more in tune with the spirit when I teach.

That's all I've got time for right now, so I'll just say I love you all, you're in my prayers, and I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Until next week,

Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment