Monday, April 8, 2013

Raining (but I'm not singing)

Hi, Everybody!

The work is continuing here in Ririe. Not a whole lot has happened since our baptism last week. We do, however, have two other baptisms coming up. I'll tell you more about them as they get closer, but I'm very excited.




It's raining here. It's kind of gloomy, but also very pretty at the same time. I'm excited for everything to be getting green.

I loved General Conference this weekend. My favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood session and President Monson's talk Sunday morning. Their talks really hit home for me, and helped me realize several things:

One, that I am truly where the Lord wants me to be, and I am doing His work, and that is the best thing that I can be doing right now.

Two, I am important. I don't mean that in a prideful way, but rather that I know that my soul is of great worth, both to my Heavenly Father and to my fellow men.

Three, obedience to all of God's commandments will make me happier than doing anything else.

Oh, I also realized what a powerful teaching tool Les Miserables can be. :-)



Well, that's all I've got for now. I look forward to continuing to teach the gospel, and can't wait to find more people to teach.

Sincerely,

Elder Bush

P.S. Here is a picture of a puppy for your weekly allotment of cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment